SEMLA | Free crochet pattern
In this blog post you'll find a free crochet pattern for the classic bun called semla or fastlagsbulle. It's a bun filled with wipped cream and almond paste or jam. Traditionally you eat them in February before the fasting begins. Have you tried it? They are delicious!
- Yarn: I used M&K Eco Baby Bomull cotton yarn (50g=160m) in the colours beige and white.
- Crochet hook size D/3 (3 mm) or a hook that matches the yarn you will use.
- Cotton or polyester stuffing
r = row, st = stitch, ch = chain, sl st = slip stitch, sc = single crochet, hdc = half double crochet, hdcg = half double crochet group, inc = increase, dec = decrease
The top of the bun
- The top of the bun is crocheted in a spiral with beige yarn.
r 1: 2 ch, 6 sc in the second chain from the hook. (6) = magic circle
r 2: [inc]x6. (12)
r 3: [1 sc, inc]x6. (18)
r 4: [2 sc, inc]x6. (24)
r 5: [3 sc, inc]x6. (30)
r 6: [4 sc, inc]x6. (36)
r 7: [5 sc, inc]x6. (42)
r 8: [6 sc, inc]x6. (48)
r 9: [48 sc.] (48)
r 10 (crochet this round in the front loops): [48 sc.] (48)
- Cut off the thread, but save approximately 12 in (30 cm) so that you have something to attach the top of the bun and the bottom of the bun with. Fasten the other thread.
- Embroider some sugar on top of the bun.
The bottom of the bun
- The bottom of the bun is crocheted in a spiral with beige and white yarn.
- Begin to crochet with beige yarn.
r 1: 2 ch, 8 sc in the second chain from the hook. (8) = magic circle
r 2: [inc]x8. (16)
r 3: [1 sc, inc]x8. (24)
r 4: [2 sc, inc]x8. (32)
r 5: [3 sc, inc]x8. (40)
r 6: [4 sc, inc]x8. (48)
r 7: [5 sc, inc]x8. (56)
r 8: [6 sc, inc]x8. (64)
r 9: [64 sc]. (64)
r 10: [14 sc, dec]x4. (60)
r 11: [60 sc]. (60)
r 12: [13 sc, dec]x4. (56)
r 13: [56 sc]. (56)
r 14: [12 sc, dec]x4. (52)
r 15: [52 sc]. (52)
r 16: [11 sc, dec]x4. (48)
r 17: [48 sc]. (48)
- Change to white yarn.
r 18 (crochet this row in the front loops): [skip 1 st, 5 hdc in the next st, skip 1 st, sl st]x12. (12 hdcg).
- Cut off the thread and fasten the threads.
Attaching the parts
- Sew the top and the bottom of the bun together. You'll get the nicest finnish if you sew the two parts together in the backloops.
- Stuff the bun with stuffing before you close the gap.
- Fasten all of the remaning threads.
Don't hesitate to leave questions or comments in the comment section bellow. Tag your makes made from my design on social media with #garnknuten. I would love to see your makes!
MORE AMIGURUMI PATTERNS
Click on the picture to go to the pattern.
Please click on the ❤ if you like this pattern!